Pasting Speed Attributes in FCP7

Posted by CaseyPetersen 
Pasting Speed Attributes in FCP7
August 05, 2010 12:40PM
I have a bunch of clips that I want to change the speed to 75%. In FCP 6, I would change the speed of the first clip, then copy and paste the attributes to the other clips. Now that I have 7 and try to do the same thing, I am able to paste the speed attributes, but the clip durations aren't changing, they're staying the same. The original 6 second clip turns to 8 seconds at 75%, but when I try to paste the attributes, the 6 second clips remain at 6 seconds, even though the speed changes to 75%.

What's going on here?

Thanks!
Casey
Re: Pasting Speed Attributes in FCP7
August 05, 2010 12:52PM
I believe the ripple sequence function with speed changes may be switched off when you paste attributes. This is a bug or a feature or something. but that's the way the application is currently programmed. I'd suggest posting to Feedback. I'm not wild about it now.

All the best,

Tom
August 05, 2010 03:16PM
If I remember right, that's a new FCP7 feature. If timeline rippling is turned off, FCP will change your clips' In/Out points when you change speed. Extraordinarily dumb design. Why can't they fathom that being able to turn off timeline rippling when performing speed changes (a feature I'd been demanding for years) doesn't necessarily mean I want my editing decisions *&^%ed with by FCP?

www.derekmok.com
August 05, 2010 03:22PM
I'm not sure what you guys are talking about, but I like the speed change tool. What I remember i didn't like about it is that I wish I could toggle between ripple sequence and adjust out points by keystrokes instead of mouse clicks.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 05, 2010 08:13PM
This only happens with paste attributes. Even if ripple sequence is on, it doesn't.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics