"General Error" on rendering

Posted by JoeE 
"General Error" on rendering
July 25, 2006 08:28PM
I have been working with some multiple track audio edits that require rendering and when the render is complete, up pops the General Error message. No problem with the actual rendering, just keep getting the message.

I have trashed prefs, etc. and the render files are being saved on a second internal drive in the G5.

Any suggestions?
Re: "General Error" on rendering
July 26, 2006 02:31AM
Do you have any stills in your timeline? are any of them CMYK? Is the name of any of your files or folders contain a slash '/' or anything else non numerical?

General errors can be really hard to pin down, but it's an ominous sign that you really don't want to be looking at halfway through a project.

Any other problems with the project?
July 26, 2006 03:23AM
You can try creating a new project and copy your sequence to that project, see how that works.

I would make a back-up copy of the project anyway, if your project turns out to be corrupt you still have this one to go back to.

G'luck
Thanks
July 27, 2006 12:07AM
This time, I think it was related to some bad media. I replaced it and so far so go.
July 27, 2006 12:35AM
Was with a client today plagued with GE messages.

DiskWarrior pass on all media drives, Repair Permissions helped. File naming issues with commas instead of periods...didn't!

- Loren
Today's Soundtrack Pro KeyGuide? tip:
Move to Previous or Next window tabs with Command-Shift [ or ]

The Soundtrack Pro KeyGuide?
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics