audio render problem

Posted by Benjamin Meyer 
audio render problem
July 27, 2006 10:45PM
Hi, all

I have an issue with audio renders. Because I'm working with 4-6 tracks of audio for each shot, I quickly exceed the 8 track limit that, if I'm not mistaken, is a fact of Final Cut Pro. So, I often have to render my audio. I'm finding, however, that my volume levels get wacky, after the render. For instance, halfway through the rendered portion, the music tracks start blasting. If I hit pause, and then play again, they return to their proper levels. But, whenever I play straight through that portion of the timeline, the audio starts blasting again.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Re: audio render problem
July 27, 2006 11:49PM
Sounds like the kind of thing that needs a preference dump. But I'd also open up Audio Mixer and make sure there's nothing wacky in there. And dump your current audio render files using Render Manager.
July 28, 2006 12:49AM
I have a not completely different problem: About 6 times now, 1 month into a feature, I have had rendered audio out be of sync. The clip plays fine when it is at playback level but when it gets rendered to item level, it's playing the wrong section of the clip. If I match frame then replace the edit, everything is fine, rendered at item level and all. And this happens on both of the computers that I have FCP installed on, one MBP and one G5. Apple is sending it to their engineers, since it sounded to them like a software glitch of some sort. I posted and found no one else having the problem. It's weird....
July 29, 2006 08:05AM
8 track limit?

Tell that to my 32 audio track edit I think it would disagree...

Try upping the number of tracks in:

User Preferences>General>Real-time Audio Mixing

FCP is capable of Multichannel audio with support for up to 24 channels in and out

But you can have upto 99 Audio tracks running simultaneously

Remember some audio fx will add a "virtual track" as if you are trying to play another track so always up your total Real-time Audio Mixing to above what you need.

JoeE you may have a directory issue on your HDD - sounds to me like a corruption in the video/audio files or at least the directory information pointing to the files.

Delete all the render files.

Run DiskWarrior on your video storage and see if there is an issue.

Fix it and re-render to see if there is still a problem.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 29, 2006 10:38PM
I'll try it on Monday. Thanks!!
July 30, 2006 05:00AM
JoeE

Make sure you backup your FCP project file to a separate HDD or CD-ROM and also any files like graphics or animation or sound files that you cannot re-capture in case of serious problems.

Then run Diskwarrior

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics