FCP for HD

Posted by K. Ferris 
FCP for HD
July 27, 2006 10:52PM
Need a little help for an upcoming project in HD. My system is working well for mini DV , and although I will soon upgrade to the latest FCP (I believe 5.1.1) I know I am going to have to spend some green to get it up to speed to do an HD project. Can anyone guide me to a good web site to explain in plain language what I am going to need. Recommended Memory, drive space, breakout box, output methods....
I don't have any specific questions yet because nothing has been shot. So I just want to know where I can read all I will need to know to prepare for production as well as post production. Eight weeks before shoot!!

Thanks Guys...... and Ladies.
Anonymous User
Re: FCP for HD
July 27, 2006 11:06PM
Need to tell us what kind of HD. HD Cam, HDV, DVCPRO HD?

July 27, 2006 11:22PM
www.hdforindies.com. Read the FAQ.

Speaking of HDforINDIES...how did Mike do on STUMP THE GURUS?
Anonymous User
July 27, 2006 11:39PM
Mike was great. He did a brilliant summary of the meeting over at HD 4 Indies dot com. Just like you were there

[www.hdforindies.com]

July 27, 2006 11:48PM
Off-topic...are you Ken Ferris?
Anonymous User
July 27, 2006 11:55PM
Huh?

July 28, 2006 05:22PM
He wants to know if K. Ferris is Ken Ferris, Mike.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
July 28, 2006 05:30PM
Didn't think that would be confusing, but hell, that's the internet...I had a classmate at Columbia University named Ken Ferris who did titles design for Paul Schrader, so I just wanted to see if it was the same guy.
July 28, 2006 05:40PM
Bueller?

Bueller?

Bueller?
July 29, 2006 12:14PM
The footage wiil be shot on Sony HDV Z1U. And no, I am not Ken Ferris, sorry.

Thanks all.
July 29, 2006 12:27PM
Oh, well, then we can't answer you. JUST KIDDING.

That's a fine camera. You can capture that directly through FireWire, and even downconvert live to DVCAM or DV, through the same pipe. The sae features are available on this A1U I just picked up, it's wild.

Assuming you get a new tower with FC Studio installed, pay attention to storage for your HD. You want SATA drives and probably Raided to support multistream.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Preview effects sections with Option-P or Option-Backslash!

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
October 13, 2006 04:16PM
Loren,
I'm trying to put a few quick clips together in iMovie. How do you get the A1U to downconvert?
I've followed what seems to be the specs on page 81 in sony handbook. and setup imovie for dv format. I've never used imovie. nor the a1u before this project. i'm a long way from my studio on west coast (we're in paris on way back from south africa). What's the secret to down converting to dvcam????? tnx Sanjay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics