Closed Captioning with FCP

Posted by dmings 
Closed Captioning with FCP
September 15, 2010 09:43AM
I am re-posting this because my original post seems to have gotten lost in the server change over. We are an educational television production company that also provides service to three cable networks in 5 Kentucky counties. One of our principals has requested that we make closed captioning available, at least within the school building. We understand that FCP 7 facilitates this but may need Matrox also. I would like to hear about how this process works, and how much trouble and expense will be involved. Thanks, Dale
Re: Closed Captioning with FCP
September 15, 2010 11:23AM
Welcome back to the forum! I hope you don't mind the interior decor. We're just renovating a bit, hence the industrial look to the new surroundings. You may do good to check out MacCaption. FCP does not create CCs, but it can pass CC information through to tape. The CC process usually comes after the edit (for very good reasons). Then you either encode the CC into the image with a separate QT file with the CC information burnt in, or you send it out to a CC house. You can also generate CC with Mac Caption.

[www.cpcweb.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
September 17, 2010 01:35PM
You can also try this:
[www.videotoolshed.com]

And no, you don't need a Matrox card.
Outputting over firewire works as well (in SD though)

Bouke
www.videotoolshed.com
September 17, 2010 07:55PM
I noticed this the other day in the edit to tape window - the closed caption option at the bottom. I haven't had time or reason to chase up the details yet though.

September 18, 2010 08:38PM
>And no, you don't need a Matrox card.

You don't "need" a Matrox card, but I think all of the major I/O hardware vendors (including Matrox) offer CC support in their hardware these days
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics