OT. This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for LAFCPUG.

Posted by JC 
JC
OT. This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for LAFCPUG.
September 15, 2010 09:31AM
Hello Everyone.

I just wanted to take this moment to share with you all something very special. Many of you have contributed in helping me out on the technical end over the past 5 years and I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you all for your support, guidance, knowledge and help. Michael, I also want to thank you for creating such an incredible community of filmmakers that allows one another to interact, share and learn. In addition I also want to thank all of moderators and gurus that put in a tremendous amount of time and effort as well. Some of you have pulled me out of a few major jams on several occasions which is why I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you guys and gals.

I am very proud to announce that my latest feature film that I edited "Girlfriend" just had it's World Premiere at the Toronto Film Festival. I am currently on the plane flying back to Los Angeles and reflecting back on my success and the people who have helped me out along the way. Because filmmaking is a team sport, I would love for you all to see what you have helped me accomplish.

Thank you all for everything. The LAFCPUG community is the BEST!

Sincerely,

Jeff Castelluccio

Link to Trailer:

Re: OT. This wouldn't be possible if it weren't for LAFCPUG.
September 15, 2010 11:08AM
Dude, you could have thanked me in person. In Toronto. At a party. That you invited me to. I would have then been able to pass on your gratitude to the rest of the mods using our special modcode backchannel esperanto. Oh well. Glad you got it done and it got into TIFF. We may have already been at the same parties. Congratulations to you and your director.

A-dot in the T-dot.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
September 15, 2010 03:50PM
Wow Jeff:

I totally dig your trailer, the film looks amazing. I am so thrilled to see something original come from an indie. This looks like a very interesting film. Nice work and congratulations!

Dan Brockett
September 15, 2010 07:43PM
That looks really beautiful, JC. Great work.

JC
September 17, 2010 01:20PM
Thank you for your all of your kind words!

Andrew, sorry I missed you in Toronto. Maybe we can meet up at the next festival! Cheers
September 25, 2010 12:05PM
Just saw it and it looks pretty awesome. Definitely something I'd wanna watch.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 25, 2010 12:29PM
Congrats Jeff. Hope you got an offer. I'd go see this movie based on the trailer. Original story idea as far as I can tell and there really is no such thing as an original story idea. Maybe you found it? smiling smiley

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 25, 2010 11:41PM
Special Needs folks are very close to my heart. The trailer got me. All the best JC...I hope you get an offer.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

JC
September 26, 2010 12:57AM
Michael, Grafixjoe, Strypes, Jude, Dan and Andrew. Once again thank you!

Grafixjoe - I have to say that before this film I never had any type of relationship with a person that had Down's or any other disability. It is because of this film, I became VERY VERY close with Evan and his mother. I am blown by the friendship and bond that I have now formed with Evan. He truly is the single most beautiful person I have ever met. He has the most beautiful sole, heart and unconditional love. We talk just about every week, sometimes for hours. This is one of those rare situations where you get to work on something so powerful, meaningful and original. It is such a great pleasure to be a part of this film and above all, now be a important part of Evan's life and vice versa.

This is the first film he has ever done! He has this amazing ability to reach down and access true, deep, raw emotions - it is uncanny! I am someone who is very big on remembering people and remembering my roots which is why it was so important for me to share this with all of you. Especially because this is my greatest and proudest work to date. Like I said, there are MANY of you who have helped me out both directly and indirectly. This is just a great place with great people sharing their knowledge and I really thank you all for that.

By the way - OUR FILM HAS BEEN SOLD!!

[www.thewrap.com]

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING YOU!

JC
September 26, 2010 01:16PM
Awesome! Proud of you. Lets hope Evan gets some work from this too. Hope you an come to lafcpug one month and show and tell. Its a great story and would be inspiring to other filmmakers.

Michael Horton
-------------------
JC
September 26, 2010 01:21PM
Thank you Michael. I would love to. Lets talk.

310-980-9212

Call me anytime!

Jeff
September 26, 2010 08:50PM
GREAT NEWS!! You just made my weekend, JC. ONWARD & UPWARD!!

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 27, 2010 02:39PM
Spectacular.

I love that trailer. I think thats gonna go BIG. I hope you have big pockets JC cause your gonna need them.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
September 28, 2010 11:16AM
Fantastic news Jeff. I hope you get distribution this side of the pond too; so I can see it on the big screen in the UK!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics