Another OT: for those who can afford an Alexa but nothing else

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
Another OT: for those who can afford an Alexa but nothing else
October 14, 2010 09:03AM
Hi all,

The ARRI Alexa is real great cam with a lot of real cool features and might be the best cam when it comes to editing with FCP.
One thing is that the cards (after you copied them to your local machine) contain a reference to the clip on the card and therefore all clips from the imported ARRI XML will show up as 'offline' and you have to reconnect.

I wouldn't be me if I wouldn't have created a small tool that makes this process easier.

The Alexa Tool.

Just drag the the card's folder to the app's icon, the internal table view or use the 'Load...' menu. Select one of the FCP choices and your clips will show up in FCP right-away.

Since I know that people who have to pay for an Alexa won't have any money left to pay for anything to make their life easier I made this app for free. It's just a social project - imagine people sitting in the streets of Berlin, Paris, London, L.A., N.Y. etc with a hat and a sign 'ALEXA OWNER - need 10 EUR/£/$ or any currency to buy some software and a burger plus coke.'. It would be a shame.

Anyway, you can download the software (approved by ARRI) here for free. It's pretty self explaining.
Alexa Tool
Andreas

P.S.
An Alexa Offloader with several more features will follow - but it will be only for the rich guys. cool smiley

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: Another OT: for those who can afford an Alexa but nothing else
October 14, 2010 12:43PM
This is awesome me thinks. The Alexa is a big hit and is finding its way around town. You got to get the word out on this. I'll list this in the newsletter for a start.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics