OT: Mac OS ROARRRRR!

Posted by Ben King 
OT: Mac OS ROARRRRR!
October 14, 2010 10:35AM
Looks like another major OSX update is on the way!

[www.macworld.co.uk]

Cue music"

"Oh wimoweh, oh wimoweh, oh wimoweh, oh wimoweh..."

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: OT: Mac OS ROARRRRR!
October 14, 2010 05:02PM
Funny...I am really not using SNOW LEOPARD yet...and there is a new one. I have it installed on ONE partition of my machine, and that is for beta testing one piece of software that requires it. Otherwise, I don't go there.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
October 14, 2010 05:33PM
Yeah, I was like that with Tiger and Leopard. Only fully went to Leopard when SnowLeopard came out. Had to work on a Tiger install a month ago. Seemed archaic somehow, nothing specific, just the look. I too have a Snow Leopard boot disk for the one big FCS3 project I have started. Everything else is a carryover from FCS2 and therefor stays in FCS2. Old habits dying hard etc. This is probably a testament to how this modern OS as pretty much everything the average user needs and is stable enough to not warrant upgrades.
Plus there's also the fact that very few things ONLY work in Snow Leopard, hardware or software. I have seen an installer or two that wouldn't install in Leopard but not many.

I wonder what crazy previously un-needed user interface element is going to show up in Lion that makes itself irreplaceable in a few months?

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 14, 2010 06:56PM
I've been on Snow for ages - have a backup drive ready to go, but haven't needed it. So - Mac Os Lion? doesn;t really ring, does it? Maybe Savannah Lion or something. One syllable doesn't cut it, sonically.

October 15, 2010 06:35AM
What? Doesn't Li-on have 2 syllables over there in Oz Jude? :-)
October 15, 2010 06:59AM
It's a silent 'o'.

www.strypesinpost.com
October 15, 2010 07:17AM
Lin?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 15, 2010 09:30AM
Liiiine. It's liiiine. Watch out for that liiine, mate. 'Eel eatcha.

October 15, 2010 11:24AM
In England it is pronounced Lonnie.

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 15, 2010 05:45PM
I think Lioness.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Apply an audio-only default transition with Command-Option -T !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
October 16, 2010 03:56AM
You want to watch out for the ones with the silent o's cos they're the wrst. tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics