Major Reconnection Problem on Feature Project File

Posted by benpopik 
Major Reconnection Problem on Feature Project File
October 25, 2010 12:12PM
Hey all,

An editor just emailed me the project file of a rough cut for a feature we're both working on, and I've been having pretty major reconnection problems. Despite the fact that we're working with exactly the same files on two identical drives, when I try to reconnect all the media I get the message:

"The file does not have proper content to reconnect to "(clip name)" at time (timecode) in sequence "(sequence name".
Click "OK" to make this item independent and go to the next clip or "Cancel" to skip all clips from this file."

When I click "OK" (which I have to do 200 times, as this problem reoccurs over and over with many different clips at many different points in time), it eventually reconnects. However, though it appears that the clips have all successfully reconnected, the sync for the entire project is almost completely off. Sometimes it reconnects to the wrong part of the correct audio clip, sometimes it substitutes the incorrect clip altogether.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? It's been driving me crazy for weeks.
Re: Major Reconnection Problem on Feature Project File
October 25, 2010 12:55PM
Nevermind, I figured out the problem. Whatever sound recorder was used re-used the same file name several times--so when FCP went to reconnect, I used the search function and it was pulling the wrong clips. Dumb mistake on the audio guy's part, additional dumb mistake on my part.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics