Image jumps when filter applied!

Posted by johnnyspack 
Image jumps when filter applied!
October 31, 2010 12:37AM
When I apply a filter to a clip on the timeline (ie defocus) it "pops" in the canvas window on the frame that the filter starts. It looks weird and draws attention to fact that this is a filter. What can I do to make it smooth?

Am running FCP 6.06 on a dual core 2.5 powerbook with 4g o' Ram and cutting prores HQ media from a DSLR.

Thx
Jspack
Re: Image jumps when filter applied!
October 31, 2010 12:43AM
Did you render?

www.derekmok.com
October 31, 2010 02:18AM
Yeah render. Option r.

October 31, 2010 01:49PM
This is after I rendered
October 31, 2010 02:04PM
So the render bar above the image is dark blue? What kind of "jump" are you talking about? What format is your sequence set to, and what is the format of the video clips? Are you applying the filter to the whole clip or just part of the clip?

www.strypesinpost.com
November 01, 2010 12:17AM
Yeah it's dark blue alright. The clips are transcoded H.264 from aT2i 50fps 720P conformed to 24p Prores 422 HQ. Here is the sequence settings:

Frame Size: HDTV 720p (1280 x 720)
Compressor: ProRes 422 HQ, Quality: 100%

The filter was a defocus filter that Ive added to the last third of the clip that gets progressively more out of focus. As some as the play bar hits the first frame of the filter the image does about a 5% size change then goes back to normal size. Only lasts for a few frames at best, but you do notice it.
November 01, 2010 11:54AM
Can you export a few frames around the point of the jump as an image sequence?

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics