"Merging" captured HD clips

Posted by nlittrell 
"Merging" captured HD clips
November 02, 2010 09:32AM
Hi:

Still pretty new to the HD format. I recently captured some footage shot on HD and my FCP 6.0 broke it up into different clips, different "batches", that seem to be designated by record and stop points.

Needless to say, this kind of stymies my workflow as the clips are broken up randomly and have generic names (batch 1, batch 2, etc.).

Is there a way to "merge" the clips into one big clip--kind of like what happens with "capture now?" If I can do this, I would make subclips of the actual footage I'd want to use from there. I've looked through the manual and can't seem to find anything on this one.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Nicolle
Re: "Merging" captured HD clips
November 02, 2010 04:31PM
You shot tapeless...where every time you start and stop the camera a new clip is made, right? Then you can string them all out into a sequence, and use that sequence as a source...as a clip. What is often called a master selects sequence. BUT, in using that sequence as a source, try to avoid the NESTING issue that happens when you cut over content. Here, I have a tutorial that covers how to cut in SEQUENCE content from a sequence in the Viewer, to avoid nesting:

[library.creativecow.net]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics