Flip4Mac Help

Posted by preditor 
Flip4Mac Help
November 10, 2010 04:35PM
Okay, I'm about to go crazy converting my Full Res shows to .wmv. The programs are 720p 24f with 48 khz audio. Using Flip4Mac HD with it's 720p setting...the video quality is good, but a little saw-toothed. The audio is out of sync. The audio default setting on Flip4Mac is "one-pass", 44.1 khz. I tried using lossless audio at 48 khz but the result is much more out of sync. My next test will be the 44.1 setting for 5.1. The client has requested using wmv 9 Advanced VC-1...once setting the profile to 720p, I change Export using to that setting. Could that be the problem, since the Profile panel changes to "custom setting" at that point?

I'm using Quicktime Pro 7.6.4 to convert, with each 22 min program taking about 6 hrs.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!
Re: Flip4Mac Help
November 10, 2010 09:43PM
Update to Flip4Mac 2.3.5.4
Update QT to 7.6.6.
Set audio to one pass CBR.
Test playback in WMP11 or WMP12 on Windows as Flip4Mac Playback may have a slight playback sync issue in some cases.
Re: Flip4Mac Help
November 12, 2010 06:09PM
Try this.

If you are exporting directly form the timeline direct to .wmv sometimes can have issues with the WMV codec. Try exporting as a QT using the H.264 with HiQuality settings then reopen that QT in QT Pro and then reExport as a WMV.

This way everything has been flattened and there is less to process in the conversion.

Also pre-rendering the timeline before exporting can make difference when exporting to a WMV. This will also make the export go faster since it doesn't have to render on the fly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics