Editing Room Color

Posted by Don B. 
Editing Room Color
December 05, 2010 02:13PM
What color should a room be painted for editing purposes?
A light gray; not too dark? A darker gray?

Thanks/ Don B.
Re: Editing Room Color
December 05, 2010 05:07PM
EDITING? Any color that isn't bright and distracting. It's when you COLOR CORRECT that some people want the walls to be some sort of flat grey. Editing, just making the creative decisions, the room can be any color. Mine are white. But they have been blue, peach...some sort of burnt orange...purple. Depending on where I am editing.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 05, 2010 05:11PM
Agreed - if doing any sort of graphics or colour accurate work for any media you want your studio to be as neutral as possible so as not to create a colour bias as your eyes/brain compensate when you look at the calibrated screen(s).

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 05, 2010 06:05PM
Personal preference. 90% of my work is color grading / motion graphics / compositing / 3D and I personally like dark non-distracting FABRIC hung behind my monitors / workstation with dark matte finish paint in my peripheral vision with sound absorbing panels scattered around. I like a flat looking and sounding room.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 05, 2010 06:31PM
Theres a good PDF on this here: [www.ecinemasystems.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics