Quick Keyframe Question/Best Workflow

Posted by michaelpaulucci 
Quick Keyframe Question/Best Workflow
December 13, 2010 11:22PM
Hello,

I am editing a music video and I have a TON of clips. For the main little motif in this video I want the clips to work themselves off the screen from right to left, with the clips following eachother one after the other. I like to think of it like a train, with each clip following the next. The clips move by very quickly but there isn't any black screen between them, almost as if they are linked and they are just following eachother. Now I know I can do this clip by clip, going painstakingly through each one and lining them up, but I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a fast way to do this. I have After Effects but don't know it well, and thought maybe I could link the clips to follow eachother or something like that? I would prefer to stay in FCP, however. Maybe I could do it by pasting attributes, I was just wondering if anyone had a easy way to do this so I can do it fast.

Thanks so much,

Mike
Re: Quick Keyframe Question/Best Workflow
December 13, 2010 11:27PM
Either Copy/Paste Attributes, or use the Basic 3D filter and paste that filter onto every clip. In order for the speed of the clips to be uniform, you should make sure each clip has the same duration.

www.derekmok.com
December 14, 2010 04:08AM
Or just add push slides between each clip the same length as the clips you want to move.

This is a group of 5 second colour mattes with push slides between them, with the angle set to -90 and the duration set to 5 seconds.

The action loks a bit jerky on this web version, but the real thing is fine here. If the length of your clips varies, you'd obviously have to make adjustments.

December 14, 2010 09:09AM
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Judy, that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you so much. I see what you mean about the jerkyness. Since this is going to tottally live online, any suggestions to smooth that out?

-Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics