Security burn in AFTER, mpeg compression?

Posted by Ethan 
Security burn in AFTER, mpeg compression?
December 16, 2010 12:21PM
oops I forgot to make some sort of title/security burn-in before I started a 6 hour cook in to mpeg file for DVD.

What is the best way to add something after the fact? Compressor? or some other utility?
Re: Security burn in AFTER, mpeg compression?
December 16, 2010 01:01PM
If you mean watermark, you need to do it before you encode.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 16, 2010 01:03PM
Otherwise, you could try inserting it in the subtitle track and set that to default.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 16, 2010 01:33PM
> Otherwise, you could try inserting it in the subtitle track and set that to default.

Creative suggestion, Gerard...but I'm not sure that will be enough. Even if you can program a DVD so that you can't turn off the subtitle track, if it's not part of the picture, I'm relatively certain that the video can then be extracted from the DVD (for example, with MPEG Streamclip) without the watermark attached. But I don't know that for a fact, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. My guess is that he would have to do it the hard way and redo it from the ground up. But he should keep the non-watermarked version as well just in case.

www.derekmok.com
December 16, 2010 01:58PM
I was kidding, D! Yes, for sure, that will be a separate element, and is perfectly useless as a real security feature. Maybe you could put up a really violent anti piracy ad of you tearing a movie pirate to shreads, and how you will track them down and kill them. The psychological edge is always useful.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 16, 2010 02:00PM
you can add a watermark as PART of the Mpeg compression.
in compressor, add the "Watermark" filter.
this is great when you have to add different watermarks (for director, producer, producer's boyfriend etc) to the same footage.

if you don't have Photoshop, it's easy to use FCP to create the watermark,
put your video on V1 as a guide, build your watermark on top of that,
then turn off V1,
export using QuickTime conversion,
export as a tiff, which will keep an alpha track (transparent bg)

all the best,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics