mov to wmv

Posted by davidblumenfeld 
mov to wmv
January 20, 2011 07:40AM
I am working on a mac (fcp) and have client that wants their piece in .wmv so I need to convert a .mov to .wmv. I heard I can now just change the extension and it will be readable in wmv player...is this true? Sounds too easy...What other suggestions? I have tried wondershare and flipformac, but they all look crappy.
Re: mov to wmv
January 20, 2011 08:19AM
No. You need to purchase Flip4Mac. It works if you use it right, right settings and right data rate.

All the best,

Tom
January 20, 2011 08:38AM
Windows Media Player 12 (Windows 7 only) can play H.264 files. They may be able to play H.264 .mov files. If not, you can encode an .m4v file and change that to .mp4. That is the only extension you can actually change as .m4v and .mp4 are the same internally.

Do not change anything to wmv. Do not change anything to flv (Adobe recommends against it because of potential future changes).
January 20, 2011 10:19AM
You can also export an h.264 QuickTime file to mp4 and set video and audio to pass-through. That muxes a QuickTime mov file into a .mp4 container.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 20, 2011 11:11AM
strypes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can also export an h.264 QuickTime file to mp4
> and set video and audio to pass-through. That
> muxes a QuickTime mov file into a .mp4 container.

QuickTime 7 Pro yes, I don't believe you can do this in Compressor though. Odd that Apple would restrict that.
January 20, 2011 11:17AM
Ah yea, QuickTime 7 pro. I forgot to mention that. It's in the FAQ wiki. I believe you can batch it through Automator.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 20, 2011 12:40PM
Here's one thing about using flip for Mac in compressor. You cannot pad the image/letterbox the image. The controls seem to be off for some reason.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 20, 2011 05:55PM
Flip4Mac Studio Pro will do it. Be sure to restart after typing in the license though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics