Nikon D 90 video

Posted by Steve Douglas 
Nikon D 90 video
January 24, 2011 01:33PM
Maybe someone here will be able to fill me in. I got a call from a client who needs help with audio drift that he is getting off the video of his Nikon D90. I looked the camera up and it records at 720p at 24fps but I am not sure if it is a true 24fps or the proper 23.98. If 24, I suppose I can take the footage into Compressor and change the frame rate. I believe the Canon 5D had the same issue when it first came out as it was shooting at a true 30fps and not the proper 29.97.

I haven't seen or heard the footage yet except for a very small video on his Facebook page and I am not even sure if the frame rate has anything to do with what he is claiming he is seeing in terms of audio drift so if anyone more knowledgeable can get me started I would appreciate it.
Steve

steve-sharksdelight
Re: Nikon D 90 video
January 24, 2011 01:44PM
It seems to me that all bets are off until you can actually get at least one unadulterated, unprocessed file from his actual camera so you can watch, listen and check the settings. Right now it could be anything from internet lag to your client not playing the file back from a proper drive.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics