iDVD stretches image from Final Cut

Posted by xkaliburr 
iDVD stretches image from Final Cut
January 28, 2011 08:26AM
We are exporting a video using FCP. It is source 4:3, output to 4:3, but when trying to burn it in iDVD, it decides the video is 16:9, and stretches the image out. He thinks there is an issue with settings in FCP, but I tried changing sequence settings, and exported under DV/DVCPro codec. I am now stumped. Any ideas?
Re: iDVD stretches image from Final Cut
January 28, 2011 08:48AM
Who's he? If the exported file plays correctly in the QT player then the problem is in iDVD. What do you see in the QT player? I assume you're using a 4:3 theme in iDVD.

All the best,

Tom
January 28, 2011 09:31AM
well, QT is showing 4:3 image. We checked all settings in iDVD as well and could not find any reason it would be widescreen.
January 28, 2011 09:52AM
Update... we dropped the movie into an iDVD project that was working properly with other videos, it is just this video that is not working right, and still does it in the other project.
January 28, 2011 10:18AM
I'd suggest you try an iDVD forum like the one on the Apple support pages. iDVD isn't a product used by most FCP users.

All the best,

Tom
January 28, 2011 10:18AM
Are you sure you didn't edit in an anamorphic 16:9 sequence? It's perfectly possible to have a Sequence with a 16:9 flag on it but where the image looks 4:3, especially if you mucked with Sequence Settings after clips have been edited in.

www.derekmok.com
January 30, 2011 11:39AM
Discovered the issue by accident. Apparently, if you have a .AIF as the first sound file, iDVD thinks it should be wide screen. So, we added a half second of black with no sound to the file, now it works. Thank you for your time though.
January 30, 2011 12:06PM
Good to know. Thanks for sharing that. Probably just adding a slug over the audio would be enough.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics