Make the Monitors Stop!

Posted by Kozikowski 
Make the Monitors Stop!
February 08, 2011 10:44PM
FCP 7.0.3
MacPro 2.8GHz Quad Core
Dual HP monitors - 1920x1080
OS-X 10.6.6

We're cutting a simple show, any show, really, and we set Window > Arrange > Standard.

We get the expected Bin, Viewer, and Canvas carefully arranged left to right on the left-hand monitor with the time-line on the bottom. The right monitor seems to have a mind all its own. When you play the show, the Canvas does not play. The entire right-hand monitor lights up with the work full-frame and then shrinks to a small picture inside a black field when you stop.

We can't figure out how to turn the right monitor behavior off. Yes, it's really annoying.

Koz
Re: Make the Monitors Stop!
February 09, 2011 12:31AM
trash preferences. Do I need to point out the PREFERENCE MANAGER from digital rebellion? Or do you have that tool already?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 09, 2011 04:39AM
Is it the non standard size footage you are playing? Does the problem happen with something more standard, like NTSC DV?

February 09, 2011 10:17AM
<<<PREFERENCE MANAGER from digital rebellion>>>

We don't have anything yet. The machines are weeks old and we've only just started seriously using them. We only get stuck when the new machines do something magic that the old ones didn't do.

Thanks,

Koz
February 09, 2011 01:00PM
That it. The Canvas is working as expected.
Koz
February 09, 2011 02:10PM
Koz-

Sounds like you were in View>Video Playback>Desktop Digital Preview. I think I have that menu path right.

I like to arrange dual monitors for two custom views, an extended "standard" view, which maxes out the timeline and minimizes the Viewer and Canvas. This I load under Windows>Arrange>Set Custom Layout 1, and the other, for large screen Canvas playback, pushe the timeline off to monitor two, under Set Custom Layout 2. You set each of these by first arranging your screen layout, then holding Option, then accessing one or the other Layout under the Arrange menu-- ach! Or is that under the Tools menu? I'm not in FCP at the moment... I always forget which.

The advantage- switch instantly when needed. Custom Layout one is hardwired to Shift-U. Two is wired to Option U. Nirvana.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Set a motion effect keyframe instantly with Control-K!

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics