shift + delete command not working, just removes in/out points

Posted by urcunina 
shift + delete command not working, just removes in/out points
February 10, 2011 11:57AM
Hi All,

After working on FCP all morning, suddenly my shift + delete command would not work on my clips. When I selected in and out points, hit shift + delete, the only thing that happened was that the in/out points disappeared - no portion of the clip was removed. At the time I hit the shift + delete command, at the top of my screen (up where the main menus are) there was a moment of highlighting on Sequence menu. I tried it again, and it momentarily highlighted the Edit menu, then again, and back to Sequence. Still, no clips in timeline were cut. I went to troubleshooting and deleted my user preferences from home/library/preferences as instructed by apple support page. Shut down FCP and computer, restarted. No luck.

Any ideas? I'm at a loss, and really cannot edit without this command.

Thanks.

Computer specs: 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac OS X (10.6.6) 4 GB Ram
Re: shift + delete command not working, just removes in/out points
February 10, 2011 12:37PM
Restart the Mac and do some system diagnostics - Used Onyx and clean out caches and possibly trash your FCP preferences.

Is it only in FCP that you are getting this issue? Try in a text app. If it doesn't work might be a broken key?

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
February 10, 2011 01:05PM
Thanks Ben.

After repairing permissions, trashing FCP preferences, checking the problem on older projects, etc. We discovered that the Toggle Auto Select icon was selected. After turning that off, it all worked fine.

Thanks.
February 11, 2011 04:40AM
haha!

Well it probably didn't hurt to do a spring-clean anyway!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics