Converting HVX footage to quicktime without FCP for client

Posted by Gerrit Vooren 
Converting HVX footage to quicktime without FCP for client
February 14, 2011 11:45AM
I logged and transferred 14 hours of footage, and did an edit. Worked like a dream.
Now my client would like to view the footage on his Mac in Quicktime, he doesn't have FCP. The files don't open in Quicktime without FCP.
What to do?

thanks,

Gerrit Vooren
r4avideo.com
reels4artists.com
Re: Converting HVX footage to quicktime without FCP for client
February 14, 2011 11:49AM
[www.apple.com]

www.derekmok.com
February 14, 2011 12:40PM
Downloaded it after some trouble.
It's completely unclear on how to use this software.
There's no way to import footage...

any other thoughts ?
February 14, 2011 12:49PM
Read the description. This download is supposed to simply enable your client's QuickTime Player to play DVCPro HD movie files. Try QuickTime Player.

www.derekmok.com
February 14, 2011 12:54PM
got it thanks!
February 14, 2011 10:11PM
It's little pricey but I used ProxyMill on a friends 2TB of HVX200 footage that he had been accumulating for a doc on a rock band. Various managements and agents wanted copies of the footage so I set up a system of cranking out USB keys full of H264 of the originals with burn in timecode. As there were multiple copies of the camera master P2 files we were able to convert all the footage in a week or so of off and on or overnight rendering.
That is well written software that does everything it says it will and was easy to set up. There was a free demo that would do 70 clips before it locked up. It was enough to evaluate workflow and timing to establish that it would do what we needed. The money was worth it compared to quotes he got to burn DVDs of the footage in real time?!

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
February 15, 2011 05:06AM
Yeah...note that the decoder is a DEMO...meaning limited. SO the main software will cost money. I too do what Andrew does...I have Proxymill installed so when I offload the cards, this software automatically makes H.264 QT files with burned in code, that I can then drop on a hard drive and hand off to the client at the end of the shoot.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 15, 2011 05:42AM
Is he on a Mac? I'm quite sure the installation of P2cms from Panasonic comes with a dvcprohd component for QuickTime. And it's free.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics