no unlimited realtime playback (newbie)

Posted by sigridlee 
no unlimited realtime playback (newbie)
February 23, 2011 03:51PM
Hello all,

I am editing some 5D footage (1920x1080 fps 25 compressor H264), but have been unable to select Unlimited Real time playback. The window, when I click on the RT tab gives me a short menu (Play Base layer, Use playback settings and Full Quality) but not the longer menu with unlimited RT and dynamic. I can't figure out where I went wrong, what it depends on, or what I can do. Other footage I have used gave me no problems in this respect. Can anyone help? I have to admit that Log and Transfer did not work for ingesting the footage, and I used Import-Folder which worked. Until I ran into this snag, everything seemed normal, good quality, etc.

Thanks a lot,
Sigrid

My system: FCP 7
I-Mac
Mac OSX 10.6.6
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR 3
Re: no unlimited realtime playback (newbie)
February 23, 2011 03:58PM
Yup - currently you need to transcode H264 for correct editing with no issues in FCP 7 or earlier.

Most of us suggest ProRes 422

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Re: no unlimited realtime playback (newbie)
February 23, 2011 04:10PM
If Log and Transfer didn't work, either you didn't use it correctly (you have to mount the very first level of folders on the memory card, not the .MOVs themselves), or the folders were not backed up properly.

You can use other means to convert the H.264 .MOVs to ProRes 422. Compressor works fine in a pinch.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics