magic bullet looks filter blacks out clip when applied

Posted by bluey 
magic bullet looks filter blacks out clip when applied
February 27, 2011 09:04AM
Hi champs - running FCP 6.0 on OSX 10.6.3, 2.66Ghz, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3,

i've installed Red Giant Magic Bullet Looks 1.4 and the separate effects filters 'basic scratches, dust, grain, vignette' etc are working fine - but - when i apply the 'Looks' filter (for further grading and curves adjustment) all the filter does is 'black out' the clip to which i apply it - that is to say it turns the image completely black - although when i double click the clip, the filter is there but when i click the 'edit' option to access the Looks interface - nothing happens.

i then left-clicked the Looks fx filter and chose 'open in editor' and the following dialog came up - "That effect does not have a script. It's contents may not be viewed". i found this strange as i had by course just downloaded the trail version and then activated it with my serial number, yet this has been the result. a friend of mine has confirmed that this version of Looks works with FCP 6 but something must not be right?

as always any comments or thoughts are greatfully received and i thank you for your time,

Bluey
Re: magic bullet looks filter blacks out clip when applied
February 27, 2011 11:54AM
You will find more information on the RGS Support Page:

[www.redgiantsoftware.com]

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 27, 2011 12:04PM
thanks Joey and please do continue to be utterly fabulous sweetie
February 27, 2011 12:06PM
Here is a link to their forum on Toolfarm (very informative):

[toolfarm.com]

Just post the same question you posted here (copy / paste).

I personally have also discovered that certain stacked plug-ins cancel out others so it may just be a situation where you have to move one plug-in below another in the stack or just turn it off.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics