Video Filters in Final Cut Pro 7

Posted by PBoshoff 
Video Filters in Final Cut Pro 7
March 02, 2011 11:43AM
I?m editing a short film in Final Cut Pro 7, and would like to stylize and add some video filters to the film as a whole. My trouble is that I am working on a very tight schedule and loads of clips. Can anyone please tell me if/how I could go about adding a video filter to all the clips simultaneously as opposed to adding that filter to each clip individually? Also, if I can do this, will I be able to change said filter settings so that it takes effect in every clip in the time line?
Re: Video Filters in Final Cut Pro 7
March 02, 2011 12:00PM
Select all the clips in the sequence press Opt-C for nest items. Apply the filters to the nested sequence. Option-double click the nest to open into the viewer.

All the best,

Tom
March 02, 2011 12:03PM
Two ways you can add a filter to a bunch of clips.

The first way is to get the setting on one clip, then, copy that clip and paste attributes on the rest of the clips (apple c on the clip with the effect, select the clips you want the filter on, and hit option v).

The other way is to nest. Select the clips, hit option C, then slap the effect on the nest. The problem with nesting is that it gets a little tricky if you want to make edits later. You end up having to step in/step out of nests.

I have to admit, i wish FCP would implement adjustment layers like in Avid/AE.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 02, 2011 12:19PM
You can also copy (drag and drop) the filters from the viewer to the browser then drop them onto the other clips on the timeline.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics