<HTML>you may be interested to see TEENS GET REAL, a documentary that will be broadcast

June 29th, 2001
8:00
on the WB television network

and see if you can tell for yourself, which are the dv and which are the beta sp sequences

fcp enthusiast Gary Weimberg (me) of San Francisco was the editor and shared directing/producing with his partners (Catherine Ryan and Judith Leonard.)

The program was made by interviewing almost 900 teens and choosing the best ones to include in the finished program. Shot in both beta sp and DV, the show was edited in fcp and only the beta sp material was on-lined in the traditional manner. The DV sequences are digital and fcp ... all the way.

This was the first documentary ever aired on the WB Network, and one of the very first, that i know of, to have used fcp this extensively.

Gary Weimberg was one of the pioneers of non-linear editing, and won a national primetime Emmy in 1993 for editing EARTH AND THE AMERICAN DREAM, the very first long-form documentary edited on the avid.

ps - videotapes of TEENS GET REAL available for sale if you miss the broadcast</HTML>
<HTML>Congrats Gary and hope a gazillion people see it. BTW, do you know that FCP has a logo now for folks to put on the end credits of movies edited with FCP. Well they do and I got it.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics