Time Code on a FCP project

Posted by Delphinus 
Time Code on a FCP project
January 07, 2011 05:41PM
I want to add a visible time code to a project. I have nested it, but I cannot find the CGM Timecode/Reel filter in my FCP 6.0. Does it not exist in this version? Am I looking in the wrong place? Thanks.
Re: Time Code on a FCP project
January 07, 2011 07:13PM
It's under Effects > Video Filters > Video > Timecode generator, or timecode reader.

January 07, 2011 07:49PM
I was going to post that, but then I noticed he was asking about a CGM filter (a package I know nothing about). Do they have a timecode burn filter?

Also, if this filter is supposed to include reel names, how would that work, since the filter would be on a nest instead of the clips?

www.derekmok.com
January 08, 2011 04:17AM
Derek is right.

Reel doesn't make any sense with nested sequences.
Also many of the CGM filters are not free and and none of them come with a standard FCP installation. But he can still use my free TCR Plus filter which is able to display the reel (and some other information).

Andreas
March 15, 2011 04:11AM
I have a follow-up question to this. I'm trying to do the same thing.

I am editing some HDTV footage (sequence and clip settings are: 1920 x 1080i)

I am making a nested sequence and generating a TCR for a sequence. Exactly the way that it's demonstrated in this video:

However, when I apply the TCR, it looks as though I have to render the entire nested sequence which doesn't make sense. Even when I have rendered it, and I make changes to the original (non-nested) sequence I go back to the nested one and rendering is needed again.

I am in a 1920 x 1080i environment (same as the clips) and both sequences have settings that match exactly. (I checked)

I tried the same thing in a separate sequence I made of standard-def footage (went to Effects > Video Filters > Timecode Generator) and it was fine.

Baffled.

Thoughts?

Could it be that the effect in the effects tab isn't HD? That seems impossible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics