Methods to retouch wires in product videos.

Posted by dfphoto 
Methods to retouch wires in product videos.
March 20, 2011 08:38PM
Hi group, I am planning a product video shoot and would like to have a product supported by a wire or two. I am not accustomed to retouching in video and wonder what software allows you to do something like this. Would you need a matte or would you export to photoshop. I am not sure what the background would be I suppose on a white you could have a matte, but if it wasn't a matte what software would you use.

Thanks David

I have CS5 and FCP studio 3
Re: Methods to retouch wires in product videos.
March 21, 2011 04:03AM
Hi david, You could use motion to do this but personally i would reach for After Effects - a mixture of masks and the clone tool etc will do the job nicely!
March 21, 2011 05:56AM
March 21, 2011 08:04AM
Another option (less expensive)
[www.silhouettefx.com]

Andreas
March 21, 2011 10:39PM
That's funny strypes...that's a $5000 app - WOO-HOO!! drinking smiley

If you had a screenshot it would be more helpful...(locked down camera? moving shot? obstructions? Lots to talk about) because if you have CS5 like you state and you are familiar with After Effects, you can do this for free. Depends on the complexity of the shot.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 24, 2011 06:05PM
It's a nice app for Compositing- node based and much cheaper than Flame. I wish I knew my way around that app.

www.strypesinpost.com
March 24, 2011 09:29PM
Nuke is STUPID powerful. Makes After Effect's Compositing / greenscreen / tracking tools look teeny. I am studying it right now on FXPHD.com. The class allows us to work in a full version of Nuke 6.2 with a VPN license. Tons of other classes I am going to take. Learning is not a goal, it is a journey...and it never ends.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics