Having Problems With Boris FX Plug-In Package

Posted by simirocks 
Having Problems With Boris FX Plug-In Package
March 27, 2011 08:16PM
Hey guys...Miss all my hollywood editor buddies. Especially miss the awesome LAFCPUG meetings with the famous raffles! Hopefully,
that tradition is still going strong. So I'm living in Spokane, WA and I need some help.

I have been trying to use the Boris FX plug-in package and have had moderate success. When I go to apply one of their famous "ray" transitions, it shows up in
preview, however, when I render it out it turns in a solid white block. I have taken this up with Boris and have no luck. I re-installed and it didn't do a thing.

Here is a movie I made to demonstrate what's happening.

[www.c3m.us]

I'm currently running OS 10.6.6 I have a 2 x 2.66 Ghz Dual Core Intel Xeon with 4 gig of memory. Running Final Cut Pro 7.0.3

Any ideas would be GREATLY welcomed. Any calls or emails would be welcomed.

Best,

Mike Burns
Code Three Media
509-624-2204
Re: Having Problems With Boris FX Plug-In Package
March 27, 2011 10:21PM
Not sure if this will help, but sometimes transitions don't display correctly unless you do a 'full' render. Check under your render settings that 'full' is checked, then re-render and see if it makes any difference.

Re: Having Problems With Boris FX Plug-In Package
March 28, 2011 12:43AM
Just a thought; check your Sequence settings>Video Processing tab and check to see that RENDER IN 8-BIT YUV is selected, and not the "High Precision" option below it-- which I believe turns on 10-bit processing, which is known to play havoc with 8-bit effect packages.I have seen that happen.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Nudge a Canvas layer by SUBpixels
with Command-Option with Arrow keys !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics