Motion sickness..

Posted by beverett86 
Motion sickness..
March 27, 2011 04:20PM
I Have FCS 2 and motion 3 was installed...I was working on a project, I had all the footage on an external Hard Drive. I gave the External Hard Drive to a buddy to clean up project..he had FCS3 and offered me the upgrade...I said ok..I took it home to install it and realized I didnt have the Necessary Hardware (intel proc) to upgrade..I remember him saying "once I open this footage from FCP 7 it changes it and you wont be able to go back and open with your 6.0.6...

After aborting the upgrade I realize when I try to open my Motion 3 and the templates a window pops up saying "These templates were created by Motion 4" and it crashes..

Any Ideas on how to open templates again without crashing?
Brian-
Re: Motion sickness..
March 27, 2011 04:23PM
You do realize it was illegal for him to give you his software to install, right?

www.derekmok.com
March 27, 2011 04:46PM
It didn't occur to me at all..
March 27, 2011 05:02PM
Sorry if I offended anyone..
March 27, 2011 05:55PM
Will you be able to help?
March 27, 2011 08:16PM
We share an office at the same company..the software and computers were bought by the company owner, so I didn't think there was an issue about that.

If You cant help I will understand and move on.
March 27, 2011 10:18PM
We cannot help you. This is illegal. Purchase the upgrade is the only advice you should hear from anyone here.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 27, 2011 10:25PM
I think the main point is that the suite is not backwards compatible, so something saved in a later version (certainly and FCP, not positive about Motion, although it appears to be the case) will not open in an earlier version. So you either need to upgrade, or go back to where you were before the project was sent to a later version, or perhaps continue on the other guy's edit station.

March 27, 2011 10:38PM
I think the main point is to legally upgrade. You cannot register a hand-me-down upgrade. Now that you have by partially upgraded and aborted, you have an incomplete install and you will have nothing but problems. You will have to do a complete uninstall and fresh install of everything with a (legally) new serial number...regardless if you finish the project on the other guy's station. It's your machine that is screwed by partially upgrading and aborting.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 28, 2011 02:03AM
Except he can't because he's not on an intel machine. Trash and re-install your own legal own copy if it got hammered by the upgrade attempt.

March 28, 2011 04:55AM
First off, thank you both for responding, I appreciate it. My FCP is fine and.. I have Motion on my laptop , as well, running fine. The weird thing is I can start a template on my laptop and input it into my tower and I can do whatever I want. It's just that when I try to open that same template first in Motion on my tower it crashes...Weird right?

So If I'm not mistaken, perhaps..perhaps, if I were to uninstall and reinstall the FCP studio 2 disk, omn my tower, it may clear things up? I believe I did try this...But actually, I am happy just transferring my Motion work from laptop to tower. I hope that wasnt confusing. I really appreciate your responses. Have a great day and make great art!!

B-
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics