Dealing with UYVY Codec

Posted by James Cohan 
Dealing with UYVY Codec
February 19, 2008 04:03PM
Hey all,

Quick question...

Does anyone know where I can snag a mac compatible codec for UYVY?

Basically I'm acquiring a job from a PC edit and have a bunch of AVI files that I need to transcode over to ProRes or another Final Cut Friendly codec.

Right now all their source material is listed as 'UYVY' in the format tag.

My preliminary searches for a compatible codec have been unsuccessful. Only links I've found are for Windows drivers on ATI's website and Decklink.

Thanks in advance.

James Cohan
Re: Dealing with UYVY Codec
March 25, 2011 01:42PM
Has this issue ever been resolved? I have been searching for two days and the only proposed solution I've found is to change the Hex code from UYVY to 2vuy. This only gives me a small fraction of the file. I can see the file in DiVx Player, VLC and MPlayer, but none of those are editable.

Is anyone successfully editing this in FCP?

thanks in advance.

steffan
March 25, 2011 08:15PM
Never heard of it, but if you can open ii VLC, can you export to an intermediary, then go through MPEG Streamclip to something useful?

March 29, 2011 11:23AM
2vuy is 8 bit uncompressed. What is the wrapper and where did the footage come from?

You can't export anything editable from VLC. I'm hoping for an FFMPEG based decoder. Perian is an FFMPEG based project, but it doesn't really decode some formats that can be decoded by the FFMPEG libraries.

You could try bringing it into After Effects and see if it reads it.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics