print to video

Posted by seeker 
print to video
August 16, 2006 11:02AM
In FCP5 I am using my old Canon XL1 as my tape deck. I want to "print to video" to archive my project and in earlier FCP versions it was just a simple turn on the device, load the tape, turn the device to "VCR" and click to begin. Now I get the message: "The selected audio and video devices may not match.
-Apple firewire NTSC (720x480)
-Default.
Please verify that audio and video outputs are externally routed to the intended devices." Under "System Settings" and "Audio/Visual Settings" everything looks ok. The device is connected and Log and Capture works. I switch to record in both modes and nothing shows in my screen or on the tape-either way. Any ideas? Have I missed something?
Re: print to video
August 16, 2006 11:06AM
In user preferences, check your audio outputs tab. Do you by chance have more than two audio outputs set up?

travis ballstadt
www.thrillcateditorial.com

G5DP2.5ghz, 4.5gbRAM, 2TB external SATA, Panasonic AJ-D455, G4PB1ghz, 15", 1gbRAM
August 16, 2006 11:09AM
No, just two. Stereo. The default.

Post Edited (08-16-06 09:11)
August 16, 2006 11:13AM
In your log & capture window, what do you have set up for Device Control. For the XL-1 it should be Firewire Basic instead of Firewire NTSC.

I know it's log & capture, but it may have to access this for PTV, too. Worth a quick check.

travis ballstadt

G5DP2.5ghz, 4.5gbRAM, 2TB external SATA, Panasonic AJ-D455, G4PB1ghz, 15", 1gbRAM
August 16, 2006 01:36PM
I got it to work for the video. Now I get no audio. Some other fix for that?
August 16, 2006 01:44PM
Are you sure the camera is set to record in SP with audio at 16-bit?

Could be a 12-bit setup in the camera not matching.

travis ballstadt

August 16, 2006 06:14PM
Yes. I am sure. Also getting "dropped frames". Just keeps getting better! Is there an external audio switch I should be setting?
August 16, 2006 06:42PM
Check your Video and Audio Playback device settings under View. For example, if you have Video set to FireWire DV but Audio Playback set to Built-In Audio, it will warn you before the tape output because you won't get any sound. As for dropped frames, did you render and perform an Audio Mixdown before attempting the tape output? What about movie file export? Edit to Tape is usually the best way to do a tape output, not Print to Video.
August 16, 2006 08:26PM
OK I have video set at Apple Firewire NTSC (720x480). "Audio follows video" checked along with "Firewire DV" checked but not an option (greyed out). This where I should be?

Post Edited (08-17-06 08:13)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics