Boris Calligraphy 2.2

Posted by D-Mac 
Boris Calligraphy 2.2
December 18, 2010 04:52PM
Part FYI and part question...
winking smiley

I have been setting up another workstation for use with FCP 7. I applied all updates, etc.

I then looked in my notes and noticed an update to Calligraphy to version 2.2 (version 2.1 comes with Final Cut Studio 2009 / FCS3). The update mentions something about font compatibility with some of the new fonts that are part of MS Office 2008, and later.

For those who don't know, Boris Calligraphy is the name for the set of text and shape generators that ship with Final Cut Pro, namely Title 3D, Text Scrambler, Title Crawl, and Vector Shape. Calligraphy is a subset of the full Boris Graffiti package.

Anyway, there is an update available for these plugins: Boris Calligraphy 2.2 Update.

I don't know if using the version that ships with FCP may cause issues with certain fonts, but it may be a good idea to update these plugins. Why Apple doesn't provide an update themselves is a good question (as I don't think that many people are even aware of this update). Anyone else have more info about this?

I also wonder if using the older version that comes with FCP may contribute to any crashes or problems in using FCP...

-Dave
Re: Boris Calligraphy 2.2
December 18, 2010 07:11PM
I use Boris a lot, haven't updated and am not having crash issues, so I doubt it's a problem, but still, I'm upgrading now, ty.

December 21, 2010 10:54PM
Has worked fine for me for several months...no problems, but I don't see any real changes either.

Casey
December 22, 2010 03:13AM
Is it i use Boris Calligraphy 2.2 install in my mac. Than The FCP export will have the MPEG2 ????
December 22, 2010 03:26AM
Did you ever consider doing standup comedy?

All the best,

Tom
December 22, 2010 06:19PM
Ken, no, this is a totally unrelated post to your question.

April 05, 2011 08:40AM
Hi D-Mac,

Just downloaded the update of Calligraphy 2.2 for FCP 7 and would like some info on how to install the update. Thanks

Ken
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics