Express 34 hardware for Mac Pro?

Posted by DM 
DM
Express 34 hardware for Mac Pro?
April 10, 2011 01:00PM
Looking for a solution to the excessively long USB transfer times between my express 34 cards system (EX-1r) and my Mac Pro.
I think the way to go would be to purchase an express card and install it in one of the available slots. That's half the solution.
However, I can't find a hardware solution to connect the express cards to the computer. Anyone know of a "little box" with a esata type cable to connect me up?

Mac Pro dual quad core Intel Xeon
OS 10.6.5
3 internal hard drives
6 gigs of RAM
Re: Express 34 hardware for Mac Pro?
April 10, 2011 01:18PM
[www.synchrotech.com] gets you Express34 in your Mac if you have an available slot.

I couldn't find a FW800 to Express card reader either, which would be a more flexible solution for your Mac Pro and if you had a laptop that didn't have the Express34 slot.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
April 10, 2011 01:53PM
>I couldn't find a FW800 to Express card reader either

I'm under the impression that it isn't possible, as express card 34 is a lot faster than FireWire, but there is a USB to P2 card reader....

www.strypesinpost.com
DM
April 10, 2011 04:35PM
yeah, USB is way too slow. The PCI cards are available but my unit sits on the floor and it's not accessible to plug the 34 cards directly into it. I need an external box with a cable to attach to the PCI card....I think....
April 10, 2011 05:03PM
Synchrotech does not support hot swap of Express cards.
[www.synchrotech.com]
We currently have no solution for Mac OS X, although we would be happy to find a solution for PCIe based Mac desktops quickly. Because of the superior quality of Final Cut Pro and Mac OS X, we have had many video professionals wanting to use Sony/Sandisk's SxS ExpressCards with our PCIe to ExpressCard Drive.

You would have to reboot each time you change cards so that my negate any speed advantage. The only viable solutions are Sony's Express card to USB connections or Qio's very expensive card reader which does connect through PCIe.
[www.sonnettech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics