Disappearing Palette and Audio MeterTools

Posted by Delphinus 
Disappearing Palette and Audio MeterTools
April 11, 2011 03:09PM
MacPro
2x2.66 GHz
6 GB Ramm
FCP 6.5

I just switched over from a G5 to a Mac Pro, copied and upgraded all my drives (they all show up on the desktop), and fired up one of my FCP projects. Everything opened up fine, except now the Audio meter and Tools Palette are gone and I cannot find them anywhere, even though in Windows they are checked as visible. I reduced the size of the screen, thinking they might be outside the visible screen, but they are not there either. Any ideas?
Re: Disappearing Palette and Audio MeterTools
April 11, 2011 03:16PM
Press CONTROL-U to restore the default window layout and make sure they're not missing.

You know you can't just copy the boot drive, software, Applications folder etc. from a G5 to a Mac Pro and expect it to run, right? Come to think of it, you shouldn't do it between even two G5s. You need to do fresh installations of your software.

www.derekmok.com
April 11, 2011 04:57PM
That worked great. THANK YOU. However, here's another issue I have now. I replaced a lower-third title with a new one and when I went to render, here is what I get:

Unable to load effect:
"Reduce Noise"

The deal is that I have not used a noise reduction filter in any of the video or audio of this segment. Any ideas? Thanks.
April 11, 2011 05:23PM
Please disregard this. I found the problem and corrected it. Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics