Reccomendations on a Audio Mixer for Video Editing?

Posted by Michael Escher 
Reccomendations on a Audio Mixer for Video Editing?
August 17, 2006 11:15AM
I'm considering buying a small, inexpensive analog mixer for video editing purposes (i.e. voice over, music bed mixing, etc). I'll never need something that is computer controlled, just a simple little mixer. I'd like at least four XLR inputs and two XLR outputs. I don't think I need to mix more than four sources, but would consider more. I also want something with a relatively small footprint (about 12"x12"winking smiley since my edit desk space is getting more and more limited.

I know someone out there has a bit more expertise in this than I do.

Any brands or models that you would recommend? BTW, my budget is up to 300 bucks, although less is better ;-)

Michael Escher
incredibly talented filmmaker
www.ranchocalamari.com
Re: Reccomendations on a Audio Mixer for Video Editing?
August 17, 2006 11:24AM
the mackie 1202 is right at about $299 and a great little mixer.
i use a mackie 1402 now and love it. its justa bigger version of the 1202.

Behringer has a lot of cool stuff, they have a groovy little 6channel job for about $200ish, think its called the euro something or other...

if you can pony up $500 to $600, ive been investigating the tascam 1082. it will allow you to control the faders in FCP AND montior multiple sources
bj
August 17, 2006 11:25AM
Mackie 1202 is a good product.
[www.mackie.com]

Also the 1402 has sliders....

Bj
August 17, 2006 02:22PM
So does it work as both a control surface and a analog mixer? I have the Mackie Control Universal and I'm bummed that I also have to use a separate mixer for the monitor speakers.
August 17, 2006 02:44PM
yea man, thats the report that im getting. the guy at the guitar center says so AND a couple folks i respect here also say it does.

do a search of the forum for tascam 1082, i posed this question just a few days back.
August 17, 2006 02:57PM
Look at Behringer mixers too. They are based on the mackie interface, but make of plastic instead of metal and are half the cost. This is an analogue only mixer but they work great.

If you want an interface, look at the Tascam 1082, like wayne mentioned.
August 17, 2006 09:29PM
Here's another recommendation for the Tascam 1082. Very versatile, you'll appreciate having the extra control and features once you've played with them.

travis ballstadt
www.thrillcateditorial.com

G5DP2.5ghz, 4.5gbRAM, 2TB external SATA, Panasonic AJ-D455, G4PB1ghz, 15", 1gbRAM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics