Re-installed FCS onto new machine and SoundtrackPro is grayed out.......

Posted by jay dubya 
Re-installed FCS onto new machine and SoundtrackPro is grayed out.......
April 11, 2011 12:56AM
Hi folks,

I have a FCS re-installation issue......

I recently upgraded my 2.16 MBP for a 2.4 MBP.
At this time, I also transferred my original 500GB drive into the new 2.4 machine as it only had a 160GB HDD.

Woa there, I know what you're going to say - I soon realised this was not such a good idea as I started having various problems (which I believe were related to the HDD and Machine number inconsistencies.....)

So I did a disk reformat, fresh install of Snow Leopard (including iLife11), fresh install of FCS and Office for Mac '11.

All installs completed successfully (with rego numbers accepted). Now when I open FCS, all the Applications open and work fine, EXCEPT Soundtrack Pro.

2 issues have arisen :

Instead of having the standard Menu Bar with the Blue backgrounds (which all the others have), STP has all menus with a Gray background and it takes 2/3 seconds for any recognition of selection via the mouse over.
Needless to say, the application doesn't respond.

Also, I notice on launching the App (STP), there is no serial number on the initialising screen popup (all other apps however, show their serial no.)

I presume it is something to do with my new machine, the transferred original HDD and associated numbers not matching, but thought a reformat and fresh install would fix it. But it hasn't, so what am I missing here ?

Thanks.
Re: Re-installed FCS onto new machine and SoundtrackPro is grayed out.......
April 18, 2011 06:44PM
Ok, update,

I have formatted my disk, done a fresh install of everything (snow leopard, FCS, office etc.) and all is good, except STP.

I now have sound output via the MacbookPro's speakers. But as soon as I plug in my SoundSticks, STP slows and there is no sound output via the external speakers.

I have tried the monitor sound selection menu (in STP and Preferences) and still no joy. It appears that the SoundSticks are clashing with the program. Any ideas ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics