Colourist Training

Posted by LorneM 
Colourist Training
April 16, 2011 08:21PM
Hi,

I thought you might be interested in these 2 events as their relevant to editors, colourist and those that just want to be informed.

May 28th
ICA Apple Color Advanced Secondaries, FX and more: Los Angeles will be providing Training in Los Angeles at Roush Media on the following date.
This 1 day course is to be presented on Saturday May 28th. The instructor will be Apple Trainer Lorne Miess.
The class is for colourists, assistant and newer colourists industry professionals and digital imaging technicians,. This is an advanced level class that covers setting up your project, colourist strategies, some color theory for an advanced colouring session and an in depth look at Color tools. It also suggests grading strategies, and session management. There will be multiple Color stations to demonstrate and use.
Details and registration at [www.icolorist.com] Click "Info" to register.

May 29th
ICA Monitor Calibration Class and Lab: Los Angeles will be providing Training in Los Angeles at Roush Media on the following course.
The 1 day course is to be presented on Sunday May 29th. The instructor will be Lorne Miess in conjunction with SpectraCal the designers of award winning CalmanPC software.

The class is for industry professionals, DOPs, colourists, digital imaging technicians, assistant colourists, newer colourists and editors. This is an intermediate level class, that covers colour theory, colour spaces, colour management, intro to plasma, LCD and LED panels, calibrating multiple displays, on-set as well as post production workflows. There will be computers running Spectracal?s CalmanPC software to demonstrate and use.

Details and registration at www.icolorist.com Click "Info" to register.

cheers

Lorne Miess
ICA
Vancouver
Re: Colourist Training
April 18, 2011 03:02AM
Hey Lorne
I saw the thread heading and though you were it would be a poster looking for recommendations. I was about to suggest .... ICA. But you beat me to it.
Cheers
Andy
April 18, 2011 05:52AM
. . . sounds great, don't they also do similar courses over at fxguide though?

Bluey,
April 19, 2011 02:35PM
Hi,

There's nothing better than hands on trailing and being able to get a clear answer to your questions. Hope you can make it.

Lorne Miess
ICA Vancouver
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics