XDCAM Browser Version 1.1 Still have not fix my simple bug.

Posted by edbeta 
XDCAM Browser Version 1.1 Still have not fix my simple bug.
January 27, 2011 11:00PM
Yesterday i found the new version of XDCAM Browser version 1.1 was available from Sony UK.
Downloaded and installed and try-it again : the Playback button still not work but J-K-L Work.
Also the playback function using the menu option on the menu bar is working well as before.

For reference this is my hardware and workflow in short terms so anybody may try-it:
Mac Pro Dual Quad Core Intel CPU - 16 GB Ram - ATI 5870 HD Graphic Card.
Sony PMW-EX 1 XDCAM EX with the latest firmware 1.20 , all SxS reformated.

Try to copy SxS cards using the old XDCAM EX CLIP BROWSER 2.60 all work perfect.
Try to rewrap using XDCAM TRANSFER 2.12 all work very well as it as allways be.
Try to copy SxS cards using XDCAM BROWSER 1.1 copy work well exept the playback button.

So the new release may fix or add features but cant fix the should be easy to fix playback button.
Mac OS X 10.6.6 and only Final Cut Studio 2009, Logic Studio 2009 and iLife 2009 + Toast 10 installed.
As proud as i can be to support Sony and think this fix should be so simple and keys feedback faster.

If you can confirm this bug i will be happy or give me tips to try to found the cause , Sony say it dont exist.
Problem is many users like Doug Jensen of Vortex Media found this software to be far to be ready for primetime.
Since Sony will drop support for both XDCAM EX Clip Browser and XDCAM Transfer i hope they will fix this.

It is not rare for big hardwares and softwares makers to tell their products hane no bug at first but admit-it after....

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
[www.productiondgoyette.com]
Re: XDCAM Browser Version 1.1 Still have not fix my simple bug.
February 02, 2011 01:09AM
I just check the playback again : It take 8 seconds to play 40 seconds so clip play at X5 Speeds.
Trash the application and re-install it change nothing , XDCAM EX Clip browser 2.6 dont have this bug.
The lack of reply surprize me .... or i am alone with this bug ... if not is this a bug ... any help please guys.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
Re: XDCAM Browser Version 1.1 Still have not fix my simple bug.
April 22, 2011 08:14AM
Sony have release XDCAM Browser 1.2.1 and all those bugs are now fixed so thank-you Sony :
[support.sonybiz.ca]

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics