Tascam FW-1082 Question

Posted by JoeE 
Tascam FW-1082 Question
August 18, 2006 10:44AM
Went out and bought one yesterday. A few questions:
1. Does it run on Midi like the MCU or Firewire or both?
2. How do I use the EQ controls on the analog inputs?
3. How do I set the pan on the analog inputs?

At first glance, it's incredibly cool, although not as well put together as the MCU. I have been having trouble with the faders (the master volume works, but not the individual channels) but I'm sure it's a setup issue. Operator error!

Thanks if you can answer the questions...
Re: Tascam FW-1082 Question
August 18, 2006 11:55AM
Most new products usually come shipped with a user manual. That's often a good place to look for tips on set up and basic operating procedures.
August 18, 2006 12:04PM
Yeah, I know, but with these control surfaces, because the units are basically shells for FCP and other programs to control how it wishes, the owner's manuals are horribly incomplete.....
Just Talked To Tascam...
August 18, 2006 02:02PM
In case anyone is interested, the eq doesn't work with FCP as it's a digital only control, so it's not really such a great analog-side of the mixer. And it doesn't appear to pan the analog source either, which sucks if you are using stereo music and are trying to create a phantom center for your dialog. Might need to just still with the MCU and separate mixer.
August 18, 2006 10:10PM
I always record clean and eq later, so I can't speak to that.

I have, however, had no problem panning the analog inputs.

I'm not sure what Shane has done, but I found that it was easier to set up and find the ins & outs with Cubase, then install it into FCP.

travis ballstadt
www.thrillcateditorial.com

G5DP2.5ghz, 4.5gbRAM, 2TB external SATA, Panasonic AJ-D455, G4PB1ghz, 15", 1gbRAM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics