TRouble burning DVD with DVD Studio Pro

Posted by Amore Pictures 
TRouble burning DVD with DVD Studio Pro
June 05, 2010 11:50PM
Hello,

I have an IMAC (V10.4.11, 2.8 GHz 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM) and are using final cut pro studio (V 6.0.6) and have exported a 70 minute video to compressor and compressed it using best quality for 90 minutes then imported it into DVD studio Pro and made the menu's i wanted and the project was already to burn.

I click on the burn icon and when it gets to format it brings up an error message:

"The recording device reported the hardware error: Unknown device"

Same problem if I go through Build/format or just format.

It has been a couple of years since I've used DVD studio pro and the last time it all went well, by memory.

I tested the burner by making a DVD using IDVD and that all went well.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards
Courtney
Re: TRouble burning DVD with DVD Studio Pro
June 06, 2010 02:52AM
Is it possible you've set the project to HD DVD by mistake?

www.derekmok.com
Re: TRouble burning DVD with DVD Studio Pro
June 06, 2010 03:30AM
In the encoding section in preferences there is two boxes one MPEG -2 SD and one MPEG -2 HD, the HD box comes up first but it is the SD box that has the 16:9 button highlighted.
Need Help burning an old project in DVD Studio Pro
April 29, 2011 06:32AM
Hi,

I burned a DVD of a project directly from Final Cut. Now, I want to burn a copy of that project
in DVD Studio Pro to save some time but I am having problems. I have imported the .ac3 and .m2v media files into DVD Studio Pro and have dragged them into the timeline. I am able to see a preview of the video in the
viewer but I can't here the audio. What's the fastest way to rebuild this project in DVD Studio Pro and Burn a DVD? I have Final Cut Studio 2.

Thanks,
Joanes.
Re: Need Help burning an old project in DVD Studio Pro
April 29, 2011 08:34AM
I figured out what I was doing wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics