red flashes during capture now

Posted by caleb hansen 
red flashes during capture now
March 16, 2011 03:30PM
I have a MacBook Pro
Processor 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
Capturing MiniDV tape with Canon GL-2. Footage was shot on same camera.
Footage is SD 29.97.

So, I am capturing some footage from a MiniDV tape. I had some problems with dropped frames for the previous tape I captured. I started it then walked away, so I am not sure if the red flashing started during this. I did have 7 different captured videos due to dropped timecode (brand new MiniDV tape).

Now, I am trying to capture by using log and capture>capture now. The capture now window flashes red, then shows the video for a second, then a bright red flash for a second, then the video, then bright red, (repeat).

However, when I play back the captured footage it appears fine so far. I've only captured a minute or so of the footage, cause I am afraid something is wrong. Bright red flashes indicate a problem to me.

I've tried another Panasonic camera as a capture deck to get the same red flashes in the log and capture mode.

Anyone have this happen to them before? Any ideas or suggestions?

Caleb Hansen
Re: red flashes during capture now
March 16, 2011 05:07PM
Ok, so I quit all programs and shut the computer down. No red flashes upon the next attempt for capture now. However, there more time code breaks, and it only captured the first four minutes of the video (yep, I stepped away while it captured again, as it looked fine).

Any ideas where or how I can change settings for capture now so it continues capturing even though there may be some time code breaks?

I am surprised this is not handling properly. There's got to be a setting or something I don't know about that is timecode break related.
Re: red flashes during capture now
May 05, 2011 11:49AM
I am having the same problem... Red flash frames randomly throughout capture now.
What is up with that?
Any answers?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics