can't bring spanned media into browser

Posted by davko 
can't bring spanned media into browser
May 11, 2011 01:35PM
I've got a 19-minute clip listed as "spanned" in my Log & Transfer window, and it plays fine in the adjacent preview area. But when I drag it into the queue below, only a small portion of the clip gets captured and put into the browser. How do I get the rest of it?
Re: can't bring spanned media into browser
May 11, 2011 02:44PM
Did you mount both volumes containing the two halves of the spanned clip? What happens if you click on the "Add Clip to Queue" button below the preview window? I could be wrong, but my first guess is that by dragging and dropping, maybe it only put one of the two spanned entries into the queue.

www.derekmok.com
May 11, 2011 03:28PM
Yes, I tried it this way too, and it didn't work. So next I went to the adjacent preview area, chose a random in-point after where the last one left off, and captured this segment. It worked, but when I brought both pieces into my time line (yet to be bridged by the third missing segment), FCP froze. And I mean really froze. Even after shutting down my computer, I was returned instantly to this locked up project and spinning beach ball. Can't even force quit. I'm really stuck, and have a feeling these HD CAM transcodes have something to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.
May 11, 2011 03:45PM
Update: I managed to get back into the project, but can barely get anything to function. Attempting to do anything in the time line brings up a spinning ball, and I'm unable to ingest that missing piece of footage -- all of 16 seconds. When I try adding it to the queue, it starts to transfer, then just goes idle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics