Render Problem

Posted by michaelpaulucci 
Render Problem
June 01, 2011 06:27PM
Hello,

I am editing a music video that I shot on a Canon 7D. With MPEG Streamclip, I converted the footage over to Apple Pro Res 422, like I have done for every other music video I have shot.

I have about 5 different angles, with about three takes each. I synced up the angles, and layered the takes on top of each other in a few different sequences. So, there are about 3 clips stacked on top of each other in each sequence, all synced up with the song so I can scroll through and find the parts I like the best, then copy and paste them onto the main timeline. (I'm open to hearing more efficient ways to edit Music Videos.)

Regardless, this has NEVER happened to me before. When I hide a layer of video, so I can look at the layer under it to see if I like the take to put in the main sequence, EVERYTHING has to be rendered again. I don't even understand why all these layers had to render in the first place. PRO RES normally runs like cake. Normally I have just clicked around like this and there has never been a problem, and figure my settings are screwed up or something.

The footage is all APPLE PRO RES 1920x1080 23.93 FPS, the sequences are all the exact same thing. I've never had to render this before, and don't know what I did wrong. I dragged the clips down, and FCP converted the Timeline to the appropriate codec. It matches when I look under the Settings, Sequence tab.

I also turned on UNLIMITED RT, but it's choppy and drops frames.

I'm running a 2.66 Ghz Intel Core Duo, 4GB memory. I've done way more extensive projects on this machine and have never had the problem.

Any helps would be greatly appreciated, it's driving me insane.

Thanks so much,

Mike
Re: Render Problem
June 01, 2011 06:39PM
NEVERMIND. My hard drive was off and it was referencing my H.264 files. #fcpfail
Re: Render Problem
June 01, 2011 07:17PM
lol@failblog

You know about multclipping, right? You have the ability to cut with all the angles at once in the viewer.

Here's a sample tutorial. It's not exactly the same way I do it, but there's probably lots of tutes out there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics