Capture Problems

Posted by patrickshenry 
Capture Problems
July 10, 2011 01:02AM
So here's what I've done. The first project file that I started and basically finished re-capturing was an earlier file I later realized. I found the correct project file (the most recent one) that is twice the size of the first one that I re-captured. So I opened the correct project file and tried to reconnect the media that I already re-captured and it will only allow me to reconnect one clip at a time, it won't allow me to reconnect all of the media "in it's pathway", in order to to reconnect many clips at once whether the "in it's path" button is checked or not.

Also, when I go to Batch Capture clips in the correct project file the Batch Capture window won't come up at all? What the f***!? It had been working perfectly fine all week with the first project file that I re-captured. Has this ever happened to anyone, where the Batch Capture window won't even open? I've checked the connections 100 times to no avail.

Also, to make things potentially harder, the electricity went out yesterday around the time everything went crazy on me. My computer and DVCAM deck were plugged into a surge protector and seem to be fine. My brand new 2 TB G-drive was plugged into a non-surge protected power strip. I used disk utility on this drive and it said that the drive is "OK", so everything should be working just fine. I think?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!! Thank you!!!

Patrick Henry
Re: Capture Problems
July 10, 2011 03:59PM
Not sure why you can't batch relink, but I got that a couple of times with Canon DSLR footage, and recently with some audio files that I had to change the sample rate on.

If your media is properly organized, you can export an XML and do a find and replace on the pathname with a text editor like text edit or text wrangler.

Not sure why the log and capture tool doesn't pop up. What is your easy setup set to?

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics