Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03

Posted by aquaimage 
Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03
July 16, 2011 04:50PM
Several months back I had Sony upgrade the firmware in my PMW-EX1 to version 1.2. I did not use the camera for several months until this past week.

When I went to transfer the files to my Macpro, using the log and transfer function, the files do not appear in the media window. The cards do appear on the desktop and I have upgraded the SXS drivers on my Mac to version 1.052020. I am trying to capture from a 16GB SXS card.

I am running OS system 10.6.7 with Final Cut 7.03. I have installed XD-CAM transfer 2.12.

I am stuck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am completely at a standstill!
Re: Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03
July 16, 2011 04:52PM
That's interesting. You may have to upgrade the Sony L&T plugin. Not sure if that will help. Alternatively, you can use XDCAM Transfer to do the rewrapping to QT.

www.strypesinpost.com
cool smileycool smileyRe: Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03
July 16, 2011 04:58PM
I will try that. Right now that portion of their site is down for maintenance. At the moment, I am having a difficult time maintaining my perspective and thinking it's "interesting"! Currently I feel it is scr***d! I need a better perspective!
Re: cool smileycool smileyRe: Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03
July 16, 2011 05:02PM
Down for maintenance? Nope.

[support.sonybiz.ca]

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: cool smileycool smileyRe: Unable to transfer files from PMW-EX1 with FCP 7.03
July 16, 2011 07:50PM
Well, all I can tell you is it was when I went there earlier today. Thank you.
July 16, 2011 08:03PM
But it would be kinda messed up if L&T was broken. Then again, I'm probably buying MC today.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 16, 2011 08:06PM
The link you provided was for the Canada site. I was trying to access the US site. Also, your link was for the PMW EX3, I am using the EX1.....
July 16, 2011 08:11PM
Yea, I use the Canadian site, coz the US site requires me to enter the address of a Mexican takeout in LA. Not to mention, the Canadian site is actually updated, the US one is not.

Try this, and scroll down to the XDCAM transfer software, as well as the L&T plugin. Not sure if the L&T plugin still works.
[support.sonybiz.ca]

www.strypesinpost.com
July 16, 2011 08:15PM
I will give it a try! Many thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics