Screen Wipe Query

Posted by L.Sabia.Byrne 
Screen Wipe Query
July 29, 2011 06:10PM
Hey All

Im currently editing a White Water Rafting commercial for an outdoor pursuit organisation that Im involved in and Ive come across a bit of a brickwall

I have masses of footage and I have an idea of how I want to get from one segment of footage to the next. I would like to have the first piece of footage have the second piece of footage close over it, as if it was a lid closing on top of it so imagine if you will a piece of footage showing the bow of a raft ploughing through a wave in the rapids

I would then like a piece of footage with the raft breaking through the white water to start off laying on its right hand side off screen but the bottom of the scene (currently being the left hand side of the frame) which is butted up against the right hand side of the on screen frame closes from top right to bottom left, almost as if its a trap door closing

Ive been through all of the transitions in FCP 7 and I dont seem to be getting anywhere

Could anybody suggest where I may be going wrong? Or where I may be able to go to get this effect in FCS

Many thanks guys
Lee
Re: Screen Wipe Query
July 29, 2011 08:46PM
You could try something like these - might have what you're after [finalcutprotemplates.com]

Or animate it yourself with keyframes.

Re: Screen Wipe Query
July 29, 2011 10:35PM
sounds like a simple "Swing" transition.
you can find that under Video Transistors > 3D Simulation

Alex 4D makes one with "curved" timing controls, which is very nice.
[alex4d.wordpress.com]

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics