Slightly OT: Does anyone know the compression settings IMOVE uses to post to Web?

Posted by Andy Field 
Slightly OT: Does anyone know the compression settings IMOVE uses to post to Web?
August 03, 2011 11:32AM
We use many compression programs including Compressor and episode - and none of them compresses as cleanly or quickly as I-Movie does for the web. We've taken finished FCP7 projects - taken the QuickTime into I-Movie and told it to export to Mobile Me and YouTube - the results are stunning - but I have two questions

1 - how do we find the exact settings they're using in Imovie for Mobile/Medium/Large
2 - where does Imovie put these files on your hard drive (or do they disappear after they've uploaded?

Thanks for your advice (assuming the export settings are similar or the same in new FCPX)
Re: Slightly OT: Does anyone know the compression settings IMOVE uses to post to Web?
August 03, 2011 11:45AM
Not sure about the iMovie setting, but Compressor's default setting for YouTube is pretty high. Somewhere about 8 or 14 Mbps. You can check the bit rate by launching the clip in QT 7 or mediainfo mac.

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: Slightly OT: Does anyone know the compression settings IMOVE uses to post to Web?
August 03, 2011 11:45AM
If I remember correctly (used it exactly once a few months ago), iMovie exports go to the Macintosh HD - [Username] - Movies folder. Once you locate the files, you can open them in QuickTime to see the settings.

www.derekmok.com
Doesn't seem to save the compressed versions - must cache them somewhere, upload and then get rid of them -- I'll have to download the compressed version from me.com and see what the setting are - but they are crystal clear!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics