Posted by pladpig 
FCP Version Issues
August 11, 2011 02:08PM
Greetings all

I am having issues with my FCP 7. I have a project that I cut earlier this
week and now it will not open saying that the version I have is not new
enough. What version has 7 gotten to before it was pulled and How/ Where can I
find that up date??

This started when I trashed my FCP permissions due to FCP crashing every time I went into Trim Mode.

"Error Message: This project is unreadable or may be too new for this version of Final Cut"

My version is FCP 7.0.3

Thanks

Pete
Re: FCP Version Issues
August 11, 2011 02:13PM
It's more likely that the project file has been corrupted. Or your software has.

Try moving the project file to a new drive location (eg. system drive), detaching it from all its media, and opening it from there.

www.derekmok.com
August 11, 2011 02:19PM
How big is your project file? I notice a similar problem when FCP exhausts its RAM usage.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 12, 2011 09:02PM
There are three possible reasons for this error message as explained here:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
August 13, 2011 02:38AM
The other possible reason is RAM. A few of the editors I'm working with like having 8-10
hours of multicam edits in their FCP project despite my warnings (some editors like crashy systems, don't ask me why). So I see quite a few projects in the 300-400+ MB range. And this is one of the common errors they get when they try to open another project file. My guess is that it has something to do with VM.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics