batch re-synching audio using its timecode only

Posted by Daniele_M 
batch re-synching audio using its timecode only
August 16, 2011 04:26PM
Hi there,

This is a dual system RED project I'm workiing on, separate audio and picture, as usual.

I'm editing using offline-quicktime files which have a 48kHrz audio embedded in them, they where originally generated from Redcine-X and have up to 7 tracks of audio on some clips.

I've edited my sequence and prior to export for on-line edit, re-conform and sound mixing I would like to tidy up the sequence by re-connecting the audio clips to the original sound recorded on set, which happen to be 96kHrz .wav files.

Doing so will mean that my OMF export for sound mixing would be connected to the best quality I can deliver and rady for sound mix.

the beauty is that the camera was jam-synched with the sound recording device on set so with exception of few reels all sound time-code matches the picture time-code.

The problem is I need a feature that fcp doesn't have... does it?

how do I tel fcp to batch resynch the audio using it's timecode only and ignoring the filename ?
other pro appliction can do this, can fcp?

can I do it with Cinema Tools?

can I do it with a 3rd party application once I export EDL or XML with the audio I want to re-conform on it?

I could do it scene by scene, telling application to look for audio with matching timecode day by day of the shoot, to avoid possible repeated timecodes.

any pro out there with a solution for me ?

thank you so much,

Daniele.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
Re: batch re-synching audio using its timecode only
August 16, 2011 07:24PM
"how do I tel fcp to batch resynch the audio using it's timecode only and ignoring the filename ? "

you could look at FCP Reconnect from Video ToolShed.

are you saying the audio track number is the same between your edit files and your original audio fils?
that will no doubt make the process a lot simpler.

you mention duplicate TC. that can be a problem.
do you have matching reel#s?

this is also something that can be done pretty easily on the sound end.

Titan is a tool that can do the job in ProTools:
"conforms multi-channel location sound recordings to picture editors EDL?s"
[www.synchroarts.com]

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics