Flash media off-loading software?

Posted by RJ 
RJ
Flash media off-loading software?
August 16, 2011 10:09AM
I'm doing tapeless acquisition on a new project and I want to use software that will verify the data as I off-load/copy the camera files from SxS cards to a Raid 1. What software are people using?

I read ShotPut Pro is good, but was wondering if I can use Carbon Copy Cloner to do this since I already own it?
RJ
Re: Flash media off-loading software?
August 16, 2011 10:10AM
sorry for the double post.
August 16, 2011 08:41PM
I don't take risks or shortcuts with camera masters even if Carbon Copy Cloner does a bit check. Either ClipBrowser with CRC On or ShotPut doing the equivalent. ClipBrowser is free.
RJ
August 17, 2011 10:22AM
Craig,

Thanks a lot for info about ClipBrowser. I use it for converting media, but didn't realize it could make a simple backup and verify. Duh.

I did a search and ran into this Café LA thread:
[www.lafcpug.org]

about some software by Andreas Kiel called "copyClip." I downloaded and tried. It is simple and seems to work, although I want to test more.
August 17, 2011 10:31AM
When copying camera masters you want some kind of "confidence" check on the copy. I'd trust software specifically designed to do that. Anything else and you could be risking thousands of dollars in reshoot or lost client. Sony's software is FREE if price is a concern. Many things "work" until they fail and you've lost a fortune. You can drive without a seatbelt for years and claim you have no need and never had a car accident. Then one day you're dead. Wear the seatbelt. Use the right program.
RJ
August 17, 2011 10:55AM
Good advice.
August 20, 2011 12:13AM
We've got an app for this in Pro Media Tools, with many other useful apps thrown in too:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics